If you are like most people wanting to learn a programming language, you don’t have much spare time. What time you have is extremely valuable. If you want to learn Google’s GO programming language, then, what you need is a tutorial that will teach the essential Go programming skills quickly. Think of a word processing program like Microsoft word – it has lots of advanced features that most people never use.
It’s the same with computer programming. A typical programming language has many parts that rarely get used, and a lot of what is taught in a typical computer tutorial or textbook never gets used in the real world by professional developers.
It makes much more sense to learn just want you actually need to know to become productive and be then able to apply for GoLang developer positions. If you really want to learn those other parts of the Go lang language, then you can later, and it’s highly likely you will pick it up faster anyway at that point because of the skills you have already learned.
That’s what this tutorial is all about – giving you the skills you need quickly without any fluff or useless information. The tutorial is aimed at complete beginners. No previous experience is necessary or assumed.
If you are coming from another programming language like Java or C++, or C# then you will also feel right at home here, and you can skip any of the introductory parts if you wish. But keep in mind there are differences in Go compared to those languages, so it’s probably a good idea to watch all videos anyway.
We will work with a lot of GO example code. We’ll start with badly written code, and go through it thoroughly to improve it and make it bug-free. This is an essential skill and you will learn that in this tutorial. The tutorial uses a combination of small snippets of code, and then larger real-world projects that you can run and edit and improve – you will learn how to think like a programmer and how to make the most out of the GO programming language. Master the Go Programming Language Step by Step – No previous programming experience is required.
What you’ll learn:
- Learn the core Go skills needed to apply for GO developer positions in just 10 hours.
- Have a fundamental understanding of the Go programming language.
- Understand how to create your own Go programs.
- Have the skills and understanding of Go to confidently apply for Google Golang programming jobs.
- Be able to demonstrate industry best practices in the Go programming language code you write.
- Obtain a solid understanding of what debugging and refactoring is and how to do it.
- A Windows computer, or a Mac with an appropriate text editor.
- An open mind to learn something new and exciting which may make a huge difference in your future career.
What will you learn in the tutorial?
You will learn about many important GO code concepts including.
- Learn the syntax of the Go language by writing several simple text-based games.
- Learn about the difference between Object-oriented programs and Go, which uses Composition.
- Learn to think like a programmer: making decisions, looping logic, and performing calculations.
- Learn about Go’s use of goroutines, channels, and the select statement for concurrent programming.
- Learn how Go can be used to build a production-ready web application.
Some of the other specific things you will work through include:
- How to write a Go program.
- Learn the language while building simple games.
- Learn all about the Go compiler.
- Learn best practices when writing Go code.
- Learn how to write idiomatic Go code.
- Learn how to build a terminal-based Go program.
- Learn low to build a basic web-based Go program.
- Learn how to use delve, the Go debugger, to find and fix errors in your programs.
Who this tutorial is for:
- This tutorial is perfect for absolute beginners with no previous programming experience.
- It’s also great if you know an existing programming language like Java and want to become skilled in Go.