Don’t waste your time with 60+ hour behemoth tutorials that you never finish. Instead, try this quick and effective pathway to Python that was designed with your sanity in mind. This tutorial is the perfect first step into the world of data science, web dev, machine learning, or any other discipline that requires Python knowledge.
As an in-person coding Bootcamp instructor, I created this tutorial to keep you engaged the entire way through. It’s full of exercises, quizzes, challenges, and projects. The slides, diagrams, and cheatsheets were painstakingly designed to help you visualize the tricky concepts.
There are no 20-minute monster videos in this tutorial; the average video is only 4 minutes long. Everything about this tutorial has been designed to make it actually completable. This tutorial covers all the Python essentials you need: everything from variables to data structures to object-oriented programming and modules. You’ll fill up your Python toolbox so you can go on and tackle libraries like pandas, flask, sci-kit learn, and Django.
What this tutorial is not: This tutorial is not a complete guide to every single possible feature in the Python language. It focuses on the 80% that is absolutely critical and worth your time, but there are other (much longer) tutorials that are more akin to Python textbooks that take the time to cover every feature. In fact, I created one of those tutorials, and it happens to be 40 hours long.
As someone who has both created and purchased massive Udemy mega Bootcamp tutorials, I know they are still the standard format on the platform, but maybe it’s time for something a bit more human and engaging. I thought it was worth a try at least. A Quick and Effective Way To Learn Python, Made For Busy People.
What you’ll learn:
- Master modern Python fundamentals as quickly as possible.
- Learn the Python you need to move on to Data Science or Web Development.
- Work with 3rd party Python libraries and modules.
- Complete dozens of exercises, quizzes, and projects
- You’ll learn to code with Python while staying sane.
- No programming experience needed – I cover everything you need to know.
- A computer (mac, windows, or linux) and an internet connection.
Here’s a detailed breakdown of what we cover:
- Painless installation for all platforms and users.
- Working with numbers.
- Python variables.
- Strings and string methods.
- Conditional Logic.
- Boolean Logic.
- *Args and **Kwargs.
- Working with errors.
- Custom modules.
- 3rd party modules.
- Object Oriented Programming.
Who this tutorial is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn Python in as little time as possible.
- Busy people who can’t spend months completing a Python tutorial.
- Anyone who plans on learning Data Science or Machine Learning but first needs a Python foundation.